Please note: Registration for this event is now closed.
The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Clare Bar Association and Limerick Bar Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law including regulatory matters and management and professional development. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics and Issues to be covered include
- Conveyancing and Property Update
- Prescriptive easements registration
- Searches and receiver of fines
- Practice and procedure updates
- Litigation Update 2021
- Litigation and remote hearings- practice and procedure update.
- Personal injury award changes.
- Litigation watching brief for future developments.
- Role and function of Law Society Litigation Committee in supporting solicitors in practice.
- Practice and Regulation
- Negative Interest Rate Charges and Solicitors Accounts Regulation Compliance
- S150 and Costs: Reflections post implementation lessons – what should a proper bill of cost look like now?
- To bill or not to bill? - retainer, interim bills and final bills.
- Employment Law Practice and Procedure
- Rights and remedies distinguished -when to choose redress via the Workplace Relations Commission and when to choose the Labour Court.
- A guide to signing and executing documents
- Virtual execution (wet ink and e-signatures)
- Company seals
- Electronic signatures
- Execution in counterpart
- Future developments including: O’Malley Report
- Important new developments for all solicitors who act for victims of sexual offences in criminal, family and child law and litigation cases.
- High impact communications in the digital world
- Preparing and leading virtual meetings: agendas, set up
- Keeping your audience engaged
- Common pitfalls
- General pointers and online etiquette for remote meetings
- Patrick Moylan, President Clare Bar Association, Principal O’Kelly Moylan Solicitors, Co Clare
- Derek Walsh, President Limerick Bar Association, Sellors LLP, Limerick
- Noeline Blackwell, Chief Executive Officer. Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
- Marguerite Bolger SC
- Stuart Gilhooly, Partner H J Ward Solicitors, Dublin and consultant on Litigation Committee
- Joyce Good, Partner Hammond Good Solicitors, Mallow, Co Cork and member of Conveyancing Committee
- Richard Hammond S.C., Partner Hammond Good Solicitors, Mallow, Co Cork and member of Negative Interest Rate Charges Task Force
- Suzanne Kearney, Professional Support Lawyer Arthur Cox Solicitors, Dublin
- Celine Kelly, Knowledge Services Manager, A & L Goodbody Solicitors, Dublin
- Paula Reid, Partner Knowledge, A & L Goodbody Solicitors, Dublin
- Unless otherwise indicated our Zoom Webinars and Meetings are held live and are not recorded. If you miss the live Webinar/Meeting, you cannot play back the event. You also may not avail of your CPD Hours for that event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2021 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- If you have additional queries, contact the Law Society Finuas Skillnet team on Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
- View our Privacy Statement