Please note: The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming. If you wish to book this event TODAY, please email the Law Society Finuas Skillnet team on Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie or call 01 881 5727.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in collaboration with Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objective of this symposium is to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of practice management and regulation. Topics will be covered which are of relevance to those in general practice, in-house and in specialised firms.
Topics and Issues to be covered
- Whistle-Stop Tour Through Solicitor AML
o The evolution of solicitor AML
o Supervising solicitor AML
o AML supports for solicitors
o Solicitors’ guidance requests: insights
o Horizon scanning: EU developments and work of CCBE AML Committee
- Cyber Security
o A case study of a practitioner victim to a cyber fraud attack
o Fraud in the Cyber World – An Garda Síochána Perspective and Guidance
- S.150 – One Year On – where are we now and where are we going?
Chairpersons and Speakers include
- John Elliot, Director of Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
- Paul Keane, Member Council of Law Society of Ireland, Chair Law Society Legal Services Regulation Act Task Force, Partner Reddy Charlton Solicitors, Dublin
- Nadya Lazarova, Policy Development Executive, Policy & Public Affairs Department, Law Society of Ireland
- Martin Lawlor, AML Task Force, Law Society of Ireland, Managing Partner, Coghlan Kelly Solicitors, New Ross, Co Wexford
- Detective Chief Superintendent Patrick Lordan, Garda National Economic Crime Bureau Financial Intelligence Unit
- James MacGuill, Chair AML Task Force, Law Society of Ireland, Principal MacGuill & Co, Dundalk, Co Louth
- Ann O’Neill, Principal Ann O’Neill Family Law, Dublin
- Keith Walsh, Member Law Society Legal Services Regulation Act Task Force, Principal Keith Walsh Solicitors Dublin
- Emma-Jane Williams, AML Policy Manager, Policy & Public Affairs Department, Law Society of Ireland.
- Your login information for this Zoom Webinar will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. You must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- If you have additional queries, contact the Law Society Finuas Skillnet team on Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
- View our Privacy Statement
NOTE: Following your participation in this course Law Society Finuas Skillnet will issue you with a digital CPD certificate using blockchain-based technology. With blockchain, you can verify with others - such as the Law Society CPD Scheme section - the authenticity of your certificate in a matter of seconds. This initiative is the result of collaboration between Law Society Finuas Skillnet and VerifyEd. In summary, you will be provided with a complimentary secure, virtual library where you can save your future digital CPD certificates. This allows Law Society Finuas Skillnet to better serve you, our member, by providing an encrypted platform to issue CPD certificates with cryptographic proof that they were issued by Law Society Finuas Skillnet. [Allow 14 days for your certificate to be issued].