Aim and Objectives:
GDPR An Introduction: a practical guide for legal practitioners
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has introduced new obligations and financial penalties arising from data breaches. The Regulation came into force on 25 May 2018. Law firms are data controllers and as such have to comply with the GDPR provisions.
We recommend practitioners find out more about the GDPR, why it matters to Law Firms and beyond by watching and listening to this on-line seminar.
Topics to be covered
- GDPR – An overview of the changes Paul Lavery, Partner, head of Technology & Innovation Group, McCann FitzGerald Solicitors
- GDPR – The SME toolkit Pat Moran, Cyber Security & Data, Privacy Leader, PwC Ireland
- GDPR – Right of access Maureen Daly, Partner, Technology & Intellectual Property, Beauchamps Solicitors
- GDPR – Breaches and data litigation Ann Henry, Partner, TMT & IP Litigation, Pinsent Masons and Chair of IP and Data Protection Committee, Law Society
- On receipt of payment, login details will be sent to you. All courses are available from date of purchase until 31 December 2018.
- The 2018 CPD cycle runs from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018 – for full details and to check your compliance obligations please refer to the CPD Scheme
To order a course