This event will take place in the Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7.
THIS ANNUAL 5-DAY SUMMER COURSE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO:
• Improve your legal and English skills
• Network with legal professionals from other countries
• Discover beautiful Ireland
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
• Legal English Terminology & Civil/Common Law comparison
• Legal Presentation skills
• Interviewing clients
• Negotiation skills
• Legal drafting
• Ethics – a comparison
• Optional social and cultural programme
HOW IS IT TAUGHT?
This course is highly practical and based on learning-by-doing. It includes interactive lectures, workshops, role-plays, performance recordings and one- to-one feedback.
“ I have had the opportunity to interact and learn from qualified professionals and, above all, I believe that for a lawyer, the course is highly interactive and intellectually very stimulating. I have greatly enjoyed the method of teaching and the level of content of the courses.”
Avv. Lucia Fabbri, Practising lawyer and barrister in Italy
“ The program was varied and focused on useful skills like writing, presentation and negotiation. The social activities provided plenty of opportunities to get
to know the other attendees and, of course, Dublin. Overall it was a delightful experience.“
Johanna Thoelke, Rechtsanwältin, Solicitor, Germany
WHO ARE WE?
The Law Society of Ireland is the professional, educational and representative body for over 14,000 Irish lawyers.
The Law Society Professional Training division (LSPT) has many years of experience designing and delivering training for Irish and international lawyers.
• Attracta O’Regan, Solicitor, Head of Law Society of Ireland Professional Training
• Katherine Kane, Solicitor, Education Executive, Law Society of Ireland
• Eva Massa, Abogado & Solicitor, Course Manager, Law Society of Ireland
• Colette Reid, Solicitor, Course Manager, Law Society of Ireland
• Martin Cooney, Solicitor, Partner at Byrne Wallace, Solicitors, Dublin
• Cathal Quinn, Head of Voice & Speech at the Lir, Trinity College, Dublin
The course fee is €650 per participant and includes all course materials, lunch and refreshments during course times.
For full details, please check our dedicated Legal English 2018 webpage: www.lawsociety.ie/Legalenglish or contact us at Lspt@lawsociety.ie ; 00 353 1 8815727
or Google: Law Society Legal English 2018
Deadline for applications: Friday 23 February 2018
(Places are strictly limited to maximise the learning experience for participants).
We hope to see you in Dublin!
LAW SOCIETY PROFESSIONAL TRAINING Centre of Excellence for Professional Education and Training
Phone: 00 353 1 881 5727
Fax: 00 353 1 672 4890