At S3 Connected Health they are passionate about health and technology and how they can improve the lives of millions of people. They are looking for people who share this passion, who want to turn this passion into practical realities that improve patients’ health and quality of life.
Working in close collaborative teams, they partner with some of the world’s leading MedTech and Pharma companies to deliver innovative medical devices and inspiring solutions to the complex problems faced by patients with chronic conditions.
They are a 200-strong team of clinicians, behavioural scientists, system design engineers, UX professionals, data scientists, quality and regulatory professionals, software developers and strategy analysts who believe in the transformative power digital technologies can have as a vehicle for healthcare delivery, and to improve patients' lives.
They are looking for an In-House Lawyer who will be reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. This is a part time position requiring the candidate to work 5 days per week, 4 hours per day with flexibility on both sides of the employment relationship. While the position is located in Dublin office, hybrid working is permitted. The successful candidate will have extensive interaction with the Senior Business Management and Sales Professionals within S3 Connected Health, as well as Support Functions. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to learn, build and grow their knowledge in the areas of responsibilities listed below in a vibrant and exciting atmosphere. Appropriate supervisions and guidance will be provided as the candidate grows into various aspects of the role.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on customer contracts and non-disclosure agreements for S3 Connected Health product and service offerings.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on license agreements for S3 Connected Health’s intellectual property offerings, license agreements for the licensing-in of Technology and Intellectual Property from suppliers, and joint development agreements, incorporating all legal aspects of software licensing and associated ownership, use and exploitation.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on contracts for subcontracting and outsourcing in the various
areas of technology development.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on technology agreements in respect of confidentiality, escrow and distribution/agency matters.
- Providing general advice on data protection and drafting, reviewing and advising on Data Processing Agreements, Data Protection Impact Assessments and Legitimate Interest Assessments.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on information provided to research interview participants.
- Preparing and providing legal training to new starters.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Drafting, maintenance and, as appropriate, filing in the Companies Registration Office of necessary company law compliance documentation generated in respect of the S3 Connected Health company structure.
- Providing general advice on contractual agreements with respect to real estate property related transactions.
- Responsibility for the effective management of formal litigation matters.
- Responsibility for the procurement and effective management of external legal advice.
- Advice on HR related legal issues (e.g. in the area of employment law, pensions, etc.).
- Occasional participation in external regulatory working groups.
Experience and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in law.
- A qualification (or equivalent) as a Solicitor or Barrister.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a legal role.
- Excellent drafting skills, with experience in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, particularly software development and intellectual property contracts.
- Ability to turn-around requirements quickly and to appreciate the balance between a wellconsidered opinion and business urgency.
- Good organisation skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritise when dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative nature with a proven ability to work with others while capable of working on his or her own initiative when required.
- A commercial awareness with good negotiation skills.
- An understanding of S3 Connected Health’s technologies and market areas would be preferable but a keenness and ability to learn about them is essential.
- Ability to take occasional calls while out of work but inside the normal nine to six working day and an ability to take one to two customer calls per week in line with US/Asian business hours.
Desirable, but not essential, requirements
- New York or Swiss Bar exams.
- Knowledge of laws relating to data protection, medical records, medical device, pharmacovigilance.
S3 Connected Health Value Proposition
- With S3 Connected Health you will have an opportunity to work with multi-disciplined professionals with a passion for improving patient lives.
- With S3 Connected Health you will have an opportunity to work in a high-growth, fast paced industry where technology meets healthcare.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced industry where technology meets healthcare and be part of an ambitious, dynamic team with passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development prospects.
If you are Interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV on our Company Portal here.