Firms, in-house and public sector legal teams are invited to join the Law Society of Ireland in showing their commitment to workplace wellbeing by signing the Professional Wellbeing Charter.
The intention of the Law Society’s Professional Wellbeing Charter is to organise the profession's values around wellbeing in the form of commitments, and to provide a forum for firms, and in-house and publics sector legal teams, to commit to these publicly and collectively. To complement the Charter, we will ensure the provision of useful, positive workplace resources.
Invitation to firms and in-house/public sector legal teams
Solicitors increasingly appreciate the importance of integrating wellbeing and mental health principles into their workplaces for the benefit of their firms, teams, organisations, clients, staff and themselves.
The Law Society of Ireland is inviting solicitor firms, and in-house and public sector legal teams, to pledge their names to the Law Society Professional Wellbeing Charter:
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you commit to
The signatories to this Charter commit to improving leadership and championing behaviours, skills and practices that promote and enable professional wellbeing at all levels, and across all roles, in the workplace.
As such, the signatories will:
- Work to create a healthy workplace culture characterised by behaviours and practices that promote effective communication and active listening so the office experience is one of trust, respect, honesty, fairness, compassion and psychological safety.
- Build an environment where leaders promote professional wellbeing and take appropriate action to protect employees’ mental health including holding unprofessional behaviours to account, with consequences.
- Work to reduce stigma associated with mental health in the workplace.
- Build employee and management capacity to support employees’ psychological and mental health concerns and be able to respond effectively to these as needed.
- Strive to create a work environment where tasks and responsibilities can be accomplished within a realistic timeframe and that promotes work/life balance.
- Encourage and support employees in the development of their social and emotional needs, as well as their job skills.
- Nurture a work environment where employees derive a sense of meaning and purpose from their work and are appropriately recognised and rewarded for their work efforts.
- Ensure policies, procedures and processes are in place that safeguard employee psychological safety and mental health.
For more information, download the Professional Wellbeing Charter.
Promote your commitment
Signatories of our Professional Wellbeing Charter can display our exclusive Law Society insignia on their website, firm stationery, business cards and other marketing materials as a public way to promote their commitment to the Charter and its principles.
To start using our insignia today, please sign the Professional Wellbeing Charter or email professionalwellbeing@Lawsociety.ie
Sign the Charter
If you, your firm or your in-house and public sector legal teams, would like to commit to the Professional Wellbeing Charter, please complete the short form below.