Stay up-to-date with legal developments and Law Society events with the Member eZine, President's Bulletins, LawWatch, Small Practice Business Bulletin and the Legal Training eZine.
Member eZine & President's Bulletin
The Society's eZine is sent on a weekly basis to solicitors and brings news and information directly to your screen in a brief and easily-digestible manner. It is designed to highlight issues of interest to practitioners. Should any urgent or important issues arise between eZine issues, an eBulletin may be sent out to ensure you are kept up-to-date.
Use the links below to access an archive of eZines and Bulletins.
To ensure you are receiving the eZine or President's Bulletin to your current address, you can update your email address in your dashboard.
If you have previously unsubscribed from the eZine, you may need to re-subscribe. To do this, please email the Editor, Derek Owens.
Would you like to subscribe to our weekly Gazette Digest, the email newsletter round-up of top news stories from our award-winning legal news website Gazette.ie? To subscribe or update your preferences, email Mary Hallissey.
Email address preferences
You can choose which email address to send Law Society newsletters to - go to your dashboard and select Email Preferences.
Are you receiving the weekly eNewsletter from the Law Society Library? It contains the latest judgments, legislation and journal articles. To subscribe, send your contact details and solicitor number to email@example.com.
Small Practice Business Updates
Aimed at sole practitioners and practices of five solicitors or less.
Legal Training eZine
The Education Department also sends a training eZine to members:
To subscribe for the training eZine, please email Katherine Kane.
Member eZine archive
Content from the Member eZine since 31 August 2021 is available under 'latest news'.
To view previous member eZine issues, visit the eZine archive.
President's Bulletin Archive
- 21/12/2020 - Practising Certificate Renewal 2021
- 17/12/2020 - PC fee, investment in services, and PII update
- 4/12/2020 - Consultation rooms, PII update and job-seeking support
- 2/12/2020 - PII updates
- 1/12/2020 - PII and feedback on practice supports
- 19/11/2020 - New President and online-only PC renewal
- 12/11/2020 - Practice updates and the first ever virtual parchment ceremonies
- 5/11/2020 - Courts Service and practice updates
- 29/10/2020 - Annual Report, Council election and Legal Adjudicators
- 22/10/2020 - Re: Level 5 Regulations and Practice Updates
- 21/10/2020 - Level 5 restrictions and Courts Service arrangements
- 16/10/2020 - Retirement of Ken Murphy, Director General
- 2/10/2020 - Positive practice updates
- 18/09/2020 - PII update and supports for your practice
- 31/08/2020 - 'Track and Trace' obligations and Law Society supports
- 21/08/202 - Law Reform, PII and practice update
- 27/07/2020 - Invitation to identify practical supports and update on Court-related matters
- 15/07/2020 - Personal injuries hearings and new opportunities
- 26/06/2020 - Programme for Government Synopsis
- 26/06/2020 - Setting the agenda
- 19/06/2020 - 2021 PC fee and Courts Service update
- 04/06/2020 - WRC engagement and family law guidance
- 29/05/2020 - Progress on plans for re-opening courts, correspondence with PRA and updated Court Notices
- 21/05/2020 - Clarity on court hearings, WRC update and returning to work safely
- 19/05/2020 - New Courts Service arrangements and practice updates
- 14/05/2020 - Supporting your return to workplaces and court updates
- 12/05/2020 - Preparing for recovery
- 07/05/2020 - Courts Service progress and CRO engagement
- 05/05/2020 - DX engagement, State support and practice updates
- 30/4/2020 - Further lobbying on eligibility for Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme, response to the WRC, and engagement with Banking and Payments Federation Ireland
- 28/4/2020 - Lobbying update and receiving your Gazette at home
- 24/4/2020 - Practice update
- 21/4/2020 - Successful lobbying, remote hearings, affidavits, and other practice updates
- 17/4/2020 - Successful lobbying and supports for your practice
- 16/4/2020 - Remote hearings, criminal legal aid and costs update
- 15/4/2020 - Seeking sustainable solutions to practice issues
- 9/4/2020 - New mental health and CPD support and update on lobbying
- 8/4/2020 - Courts Service and justice sector developments
- 7/4/2020 - Crisis Support and Government engagement
- 6/4/2020 - Positive practice developments and Circuit Court update
- 3/4/2020 - Update on Government engagement
- 2/04/2020 - AML and Wardship update
- 1/04/2020 - Conveyancing and Probate Office updates
- 31/03/2020 - Advising companies, criminal legal aid, and joint judicial statement
- 30/03/2020 - Update on Government guidelines, representations on state supports and the PRA
- 28/03/2020 - Legal Services are Essential Services
- 27/03/2020 - Details of support schemes and Statute of Limitations update
- 26/03/2020 - Urgent submission on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme and family law guidelines
- 25/03/2020 - Positive practical progress update
- 24/03/2020 - Urgent representation to the Department of Finance and the Revenue Commissioners
- 23/03/2020 - Remote technology: practical solutions to consider
- 20/03/2020 - COVID-19 - Wills guidance and PRA service information
- 19/03/2020 - Covid-19 - Resources and guidance to support your practice
- 16/03/2020 - Ongoing engagement with the Courts Service
- 13/3/2020 - Coronavirus and the Courts Service – further update
- 12/3/2020 - Coronavirus and the Courts Service – update
- 07/01/2020 - Reminder - Practising Certificate Renewal 2020