This cluster event is presented by Law Society Skillnet in partnership with the Southern Law Association and includes a hot lunch and networking drinks reception.
This event is presented in collaboration with the Southern Law Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law of essential relevance to most in general practice. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions to members of Law Society committees on areas of concern and to network with other practitioners.
Topics and Issues Covered include
- Work Place Relations Act, 2015
- Legal Services Regulation Act, 2015: general overview and impact
- Companies Act, 2014: pitfalls and practicalities
- Data Protection and Technology in a Solicitor’s Office
- Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act, 2015: an overview
- Civil Litigation: an update
- Anti- Money Laundering: an update
Don Murphy, President SLA, Murphy Condon Solicitors, Cork
John Elliot, Director of Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
Richard Grogan, Richard Grogan & Associates, Dublin
Paul Keane, Reddy Charlton Solicitors, Dublin
Colette Reid, Law Society of Ireland
Greg Ryan, Greg Ryan Solicitors. Dublin, Chairperson Technology Committee Law Society of Ireland
Margaret Walsh, Sheil Solicitors, Dublin
Irish Institute of Training & Development - (IITD) – Multiple Award Winners
Awarded for excellence and innovation in training and development.