Growth Strategy Workshop - A Blueprint to Sustain and Grow your Practice
Smaller practices are unique within the profession and they face challenges similar to other small businesses. Given the dynamic environments in which smaller practices operate and the evolving needs of clients, development of a growth strategy will ensure that actions are planned and implemented now so that they will positively influence the future sustainability of small practices.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in collaboration with the Small Practice Support programme has designed a workshop to assist you in completing the Growth Strategy and the Marketing Workbooks . The workshop is designed to give you the marketing and communication knowledge and skills needed to sustain and grow your practice.
Topics to be covered include
Growth Strategy Overview
- What is a Growth Strategy
- Benefits of a Growth Strategy
- Participants and Contributors to a Growth Strategy
- Dependencies and success criteria
- Growth Strategy Project management process
- Understanding the performance of your practice
- Setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Outline current practice areas
What does your ideal Client look like
- Know the value of generating a client profile
- How to create a client profile
- Client Segments
- Client Sectors
- What is a SWOT Analysis?
- Identify your Practice’s Strengths
- Identify your Practice’s Weaknesses
- Identify Opportunities for Growth
- Identify possible threats to your practice growth
- PESTEL – What is it?
- The value of generating a PESTEL
- Information sources for a PESTEL
- How to general a PESTEL
Growth Objective Setting
- Description of your practice
- Vision Statement
- Market Context
- Future Growth Options
- Generating Competitor Profiles
- How do your competitors behave?
- Overall Growth Objectives
- Action Planning
- Action Plan by Growth Objective
Overview of Marketing
- Marketing Objectives
- Marketing tactics
- Target Markets
- Digital Footprint – Website, Social Media, Email, Blogs
- Client UX
Mary Cloonan, Founder, Marketing Clever, Dublin
Working exclusively with professional services firms and business to business organisations, Mary Cloonan, founder of Marketing Clever, is a virtual head of marketing for her clients. With over 20 years’ experience working in professional services and business to business organisations, Mary has worked with seven of the top twenty accountancy firms in Ireland to date. Whether you have a desire to create profile with a specific target audience or a feeling that you are not doing enough to market your practice or firm and you are not sure where to focus, Mary can help. In 2019, Mary was invited to join accounting and advisory HLB International’s global marketing steering advisory board.
Dorcas Réamonn, Lecturer, the Smurfit School, UCD, Dublin
Dorcas is a lecturer of ‘Digital Technology and Design’ and ‘Technology and Design for Digital Marketing’ and ‘Digital Marketing’ for M.Sc. students in The Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School of UCD. She also works with the Innovation Academy on Innovation & Design Thinking Modules. She is an author of ‘WordPress Masterbook 2019: Make a Website from Scratch - For Total Beginners’, which is currently the top-selling book on Amazon UK in the WordPress and also CMS categories. She has been training, mentoring and consulting businesses since 2011. Teaching subjects she covers include; website making (especially WordPress), video creation, image editing, strategy, search engine optimisation (SEO), UX and auditing. She founded Zonua in 2010.
Tadhg Guiry, Founder, Evolve Marketing, Dublin
Tadhg works at the intersection of the legal industry and the digital world. His agency specifically works with law firms in Ireland and the US with a focus on new client acquisition. While working in a PI claims department at a large insurance company, he recognised that the vast majority of law firms were marketing away from the truth and wasting a lot of their ad budget. So after a few years abroad growing a tech startup in Austin, Texas, he came back to Dublin to start Evolve Marketing. His core skills include marketing strategy, paid traffic acquisition campaigns (Google Ads/ Facebook Ads), building funnels, email marketing and direct response copywriting.
How to Book
* Applicable to Law Society Finuas Skillnet members