Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Laois Solicitors’ Association, Kildare Bar Association, Midland Bar Association and Carlow Bar Association.
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law; management and practice regulation of essential relevance to those in general practice.
There will also be an opportunity to network with other practitioners.
Topics to be covered include
- A practical guide to Limited Liability Partnerships and Law Firms – how to become an LLP and the advantages of becoming an LLP
- Regulation – recent developments including the impact of LLPs and Anti-Money Laundering
- Probate update – to include case law and topical issues
- Conveyancing – to include case law and first registration, title research, land registry rules and forms
- Civil Litigation – Personal Injuries new developments
- Cessation of practice – regulatory requirements – this is relevant to all who are planning to retire and/or merge their firm – it is never too early to start to plan
- E-marketing ,E-Business and E-You
- If you always do what you have always done, you will always have what you have always got….In 2019 that will not be enough
Chair and Speakers include
- James McElwee, Principal McElwee Solicitors, Mountmellick, Co Laois, President Laois Solicitors’ Association
- Paul Keane, Managing Partner, Reddy Charlton Solicitors, Dublin and Chairman of Law Society’s LSRA Task Force
- John Elliot, Director of Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
- Sorcha Hayes, Head of Practice Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
- Susan Bourke, Digital Marketing Strategist, Sligo
- Colette Reid, Course Manager and Secretary to Litigation Committee, Law Society of Ireland
- Barry Lysaght, Partner Malone & Martin Solicitors, Trim, Co Meath
- Richard Hammond, Partner Hammond Good Solicitors, Mallow, Co Cork
HOW TO BOOK