Michael Powell Solicitors is seeking an experienced Legal Executive for an immediate start. This is a full time position based in Cork city centre.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in family, general litigation, personal injury litigation, conveyancing and commercial practice;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and work to strict deadlines;
- Must have strong IT skills, Word, Outlook and digital dictation;
- Experience with Cortbase Case Management is desirable but not essential;
- Strong typing speeds, 60+ wpm;
- Legal secretarial qualification or higher, desirable but not essential;
- Ability to work on their own initiative in order to progress files;
- Strong work ethic;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Providing secretarial support and assistance;
- Typing, filing, file management, photocopying, scanning, preparing pleadings and briefs for counsel and other related duties;
- Liaising with clients, counsel and other professional experts and advisers;
- Detailed knowledge of court practice and procedure essential;
- Diary management;
- Accurately compiling/formatting complex legal documents;
- Management of files;
- Working closely with supervisor in preparing cases for trial.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please apply with a CV to by email to Michael Powell Solicitors at: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 31 October 2019 at 5pm.