Nooney and Dowdall, Mullingar, County Westmeath are currently seeking to appoint a Solicitor, ideally with some post qualification experience, to support their busy general practice firm, particularly with conveyancing and probate work.
She/he will be required to provide assistance and support to partners on complex cases and manage own workload with the ability to progress files and handle a broad and varied caseload. This is a 1 year contract role, but with potential for the term to be extended for the right candidate. The conditions and salary will reflect current market rates.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Completing Inland Revenue Affidavits, extracting Grants of Representation, distributing assets, preparing final account and registration of assents.
Property - commercial and residential conveyancing to include:
- Investigating title and dealing with pre-contract enquiries;
- Drafting documentation including transfers, conveyances, assignments and licences;
- Drafting commercial and residential leases, raising and replying to pre-lease enquiries;
- Preparing and attending at auctions and closings;
- Filing stamp duty through ROS;
- Land Registry applications - transfers, first registrations, adverse possession, registration of easements etc.
The kind of person required:
- Ambitious and highly motivated person;
- Ability to work as part of a team with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational, IT and time management skills, to include case management, time recording and typing;
- To be able to handle a diverse portfolio of cases and maintain a high standard of service to clients
If you wish to apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 25 October 2019 at 5pm.