The Law Society is hosting a networking and information event on Wednesday, 27 July for Ukrainian lawyers who have been displaced during the last number of months .
All members are requested to share this invite with interested parties.
The event will run from 2pm to 6pm, with Law Society President Michelle Ní Longáin opening proceedings, together with Maura McNally SC, chair of the Bar of Ireland.
A panel of guest speakers will address topics including:
- Introduction to Ukraine Ireland Legal Alliance Working Group (UILA), by Éamonn Conlon SC,
- The Association of Ukrainian Lawyers, by Anna Bazarchina BL,
- How to become a lawyer in Ireland, by Ian Ryan (traineeship executive Law Society),
- Working as a Ukrainian lawyer in the Ukrainian jurisdiction while in Ireland, by Simon Treanor BL (Law Society regulation department),
- Diploma in Law – concessions for Ukrainian lawyers, by Patricia Harvey (Law Society Diploma Centre),
- Law Society Professional Training – how it can help, by Katherine Kane (LSPT),
- Legal implications of Russian invasion of Ukraine, by Mr Justice Richard Humphreys,
- Potential legislative measures in response to the illegal invasion of Ukraine, by Jim O'Callaghan SC and Fianna Fáil TD,
- Mutual recognition of qualifications – the EU perspective, by David Conlan Smith SC,
- Possible career opportunities for Ukrainian lawyers,
- Job shadowing experience and access to CPD, by Denise Brett SC.
In February of this year the Law Society stood in solidarity with many other bodies and nations in condemning the actions taken by Russia against Ukraine.
It has since began coordinating offers of assistance to Ukrainian lawyers who have been forced to relocate to Ireland.
To RSVP, please email by this Friday (22 July) to email@example.com