Practical Solutions to Common Problems - Employment Law Online Masterclass
Aim and Objectives
This online masterclass is in two parts and gives practitioners a highly practical and up-to-date insight into common problem areas of employment law as well as 7 General CPD Hours. The speakers are leading employment law experts and share their knowledge and expertise in a series of talks.
This eLearning course includes a set of detailed papers written by the speakers and an introduction to the new administrative changes in the Labour Court from the Labour Court’s Deputy Chairman, Alan Haugh. The introduction looks at: increased digitisation, new appeal forms, submission of appeals online, receipt of submissions in PDF and amendments to Labour Court Rules.
Topics and Issues covered:
- What is a fair dismissal?
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Gender discrimination
- Mandatory retirement: where are we now?
- GDPR and employment
- Organisation of Working Time Act 1997
- Administrative and Service Changes in the Labour Court
Alan Haugh, Deputy Chairman Labour Court
Speakers to include
- Deirdre Crowley, Partner, Matheson Solicitors, Cork
- Melanie Crowley, Partner Mason Hayes and Curran Solicitors, Dublin
- Ailbhe Dennehy, William Fry Solicitors, Dublin
- Richard Grogan, Principal, Richard Grogan & Associates Solicitors, Dublin
- Alastair Purdy, Principal, Alastair Purdy & Co., Solicitors, Galway
- Des Ryan BL
- On receipt of payment, login details will be sent to you by a member of our team via your provided email address. If you have not received login details within 2 working days of your booking please contact us on Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie or call the Law Society Finuas Skillnet Team in Dublin on 01 881 5727
- Should you have any technical queries please contact Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
- This course must be completed in full to avail of the CPD hours on offer – a partially completed course will not qualify for any CPD accreditation.
- This course is available from date of purchase until 31 December 2020. You should download any course materials you require before this date as you cannot access this online course after 31 December 2020
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours (including minimum requirements in the categories of ‘Management and Professional Development Skills’ and ‘Regulatory Matters’) online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have additional queries, contact a member of the team on: Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
*Discounted Fee applies for Law Society Finuas Skillnet members ONLY