The Law Society wants to profile members who want to share their personal experiences of training, practising and routes to qualification.
The Law Society encourages members who would like to share their stories of working in the solicitors’ profession to get in touch.
We want to hear about your experiences of life as a solicitor and all that this entails. From unconventional routes to qualifying and experiences of practicing, to stories of obstacles or challenges you have had to overcome along the way. We would also like to hear about any instances where the Law Society has supported your career journey to date.
Your stories will be shared across our communication platforms including our press releases, national and regional media, the Law Society Gazette and social media channels.
Share your story with us
- Did you have an unconventional route to qualification or qualify without a degree?
- Did you make a career change in to the solicitors’ profession?
- Did you return to practice following a period of time not working?
- Are you a barrister who then became a solicitor?
- Did you benefit from the Law Society’s Access Programme?
- Is your firm an all-female or LGBT+ led firm?
- Are you from a diverse background or are you an international solicitor now practising in Ireland?
- Have you participated in Street Law?
- Are you living with a disability?
- Have you benefitted as a mentor or mentee on the Women in Leadership programme?
- Are you a member of the Traveller community?
- Are you the first person in your family to attend college and become a solicitor?
- Are you working in a remote part of the country (before or due to the pandemic)?
- Did you open a new firm or merge with another as a result of the pandemic?
The Law Society strives to create a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and equal opportunities within the solicitors’ profession and profiling our members’ stories is one way we can continue to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels.
Get in touch
This series will provide an opportunity to profile the exceptional work taking place across the country by our members.
If you would like to get involved, please email: Siobhán Masterson, PR Executive.
For more information about the gender equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives at the Law Society, visit www.lawsociety.ie/gedi.
This article originally appeared in the 20 July Member eZine. For more information, and to subscribe, visit eNewsletters.