Legal Services Excellence Standard
The Law Society of Ireland Legal Services Excellence Standard (LSES) is a voluntary certification scheme open to
all practices with a focus on your processes and operations.
The LSES was designed by solicitors for solicitors in collaboration with the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI). It is a Law Society business support initiative that enables you to run your practice more efficiently, engage better with employees, sustain, and grow their practice and future-proof for long-term sustainability and growth. LSES certification shows your clients that your service is performed to the highest standards of excellence.
About the LSES
Benefits for your firm include improvements in:
innovation, sustainability and growth,
futureproofing / disaster recovery, and
The LSES evaluates each firm's competence under the following areas:
Business Planning, Development and Continuity
Operational Systems – Client Care
Human Resources, Competence and Knowledge Management.
Certification is through an NSAI independent audit. The auditing process is a combination of a review of documentation to ensure compliance with the four areas of the scheme, plus individual meetings with a cross-section of staff to ensure operational implementation compliance.
- Application: Submit application to trigger an NSAI auditor allocation.
- Document upload: Upload required documents to LSES portal for audit by NSAI.
- Onsite visit schedule: NSAI auditor arranges onsite visit which will last from 0.5 to 2 days.
- Audit complete: NSAI submits final audit report to Law Society LSES Awards Committe.
- Certification decision: Committee meets quarterly and decides on awards.
- LSES awards: Successful firms entitled to Certificate, logo and other collateral.
For more information, download a flowchart of the certfication process.
If you are preparing to undergo the assessment for the Legal Services Excellence Standard, the following resources may be of interest.
To register your interest, please complete the short form below.