The Law Society has announced details of this year’s Justice Media Awards.
Entries are invited for this year’s competition. The Justice Media Awards will take place at the Law Society, Blackhall Place on Thursday 22 June.
The awards recognise outstanding print and broadcast journalism that contributes to the public’s understanding of justice, the legal system and legal issues. The awards are the longest continuously-running media awards in Ireland.
This year the awards are accepting entries across 15 categories, including:
1. Print/online journalism (daily),
2. Print/online journalism (Sunday),
3. Print/online journalism (local),
4. Broadcast journalism (radio – national),
5. Broadcast journalism (radio – local),
6. Broadcast journalism (podcast),
7. Broadcast journalism (TV/video),
8. Court reporting (print/online),
9. Court reporting (broadcast),
10. Human rights/social justice reporting (print/online),
11. Human rights/social justice reporting (broadcast),
12. Environmental law/climate justice reporting (all channels),
13. International justice reporting (all channels),
14. Newcomer of the year (all channels),
15. Student journalism (all channels).
The deadline for entries is at 5pm on Wednesday 29 March.
For the category guidelines, entry form and submission tips please see our website at www.lawsociety.ie/jma