Travellers from a number of countries will again be able to apply for short-stay visas to visit Ireland from Monday 13 September.
Processing of short-stay visas will start again for the first time since March 2020, after an announcement by the Minister for Justice Heather Humphreys, and James Browne (Minister of State for Law Reform, Youth Justice and Immigration).
The move will benefit travellers from all countries which require a visa to enter Ireland – including China, India, Pakistan, and the Philippines.
“We remain fully supportive of the current public-health advice, and all travellers arriving into Ireland must continue to comply fully with measures required by law – including producing proof of vaccination, recovery from COVID-19 or a negative PCR test,” said minister Humphreys.
Minister Browne said that he appreciated how difficult the restrictions had been for many people. He added that all remaining restrictions on entry-visa and pre-clearance processing had now been lifted.