Please note Log in details and materials have been sent to all whom have registered for this conference. The conference will begin at 2:00pm should you wish to register you can call 01 881 5727 or email LSFS@lawsociety.ie
The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Kerry Law Society
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law including regulatory matters. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics and issues to be covered include
- Probate Practice 2021
- Completion of the New Probate Office forms and fees
- Completion of the Revenue SA2 form
- Changes in practice
- Anti-Money Laundering – an update of main issues 2021
- Conveyancing 2021: an update
- Cybercrime: how not to be a victim and a what to do if you are a victim
- Important new developments for all solicitors who act for victims of sexual crime in criminal, family and child law and litigation cases.
- The O’Malley Report recommendations and the future implications
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Litigation and remote hearings- practice and procedure update.
- Personal injury award changes.
- Litigation watching brief for future developments.
CEO Dublin Rape Crisis Centre Fergal Mawe, Solicitor,
Regulation Department, Law Society of IrelandColette Reid,
Course Manager and member of Litigation Committee, Law Society of IrelandAnne Stephenson,
Principal Stephenson Burns Solicitors, Dublin, member Probate, Administration and Trusts CommitteeJoe Thomas, Partner,
O’Reilly Thomas, Drogheda, Co. Louth, member Conveyancing Committee Emma-Jane Williams
, AML Policy Manager, Policy & Public Affairs Department, Law Society of Ireland.
A delegate who attends this webinar will gain knowledge and understanding of areas of law and regulatory matters relevant for their day-to-day work as a legal practitioner.
- Your login information for this Zoom Webinar will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. You must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2021 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have technical or other queries, contact a member of the team on: Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
NOTE: Following your participation in this course Law Society Finuas Skillnet will issue you with a digital CPD certificate using blockchain-based technology. With blockchain, you can verify with others - such as the Law Society CPD Scheme section - the authenticity of your certificate in a matter of seconds. This initiative is the result of collaboration between Law Society Finuas Skillnet and VerifyEd. In summary, you will be provided with a complimentary secure, virtual library where you can save your future digital CPD certificates. This allows Law Society Finuas Skillnet to better serve you, our member, by providing an encrypted platform to issue CPD certificates with cryptographic proof that they were issued by Law Society Finuas Skillnet. [Allow 14 days for your certificate to be issued].