Online booking is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 8815727 if you wish to book.
Please note: The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Donegal Bar Association and Inishowen Bar Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law including regulatory matters. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics and Issues to be covered include
- Probate 2021 including:
- Completion of the New Probate Office forms and fees
- Completion of the Revenue SA2 form
- Changes in practice
- Conveyancing and Land
- Prescriptive Easements and Voluntary Transfers – the deadline to registration is looming.
- Important new developments for all solicitors who act for victims of sexual crime in criminal, family and child law and litigation cases.
- The O’Malley Report recommendations and the future implications.
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations
- Negative Interest Rate Charges – the implications for day-to-day practice and Solicitors Accounts Regulations compliance
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations:
- Preparing for a Law Society investigation in the virtual world
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Litigation and remote hearings- practice and procedure update.
- Personal injury award changes.
- Litigation watching brief for future developments.
- Geraldine Conaghan, Principal, MacBride Conaghan Solicitors, Donegal, President of Inishowen Bar Association
- Stuart Gilhooly, Partner H J Wars Solicitors, Dublin and consultant on Litigation Committee
- Richard Hammond S.C. Partner Hammond Good Solicitors, Mallow, Co Cork and member of Negative Interest Rate Charges Task Force
- Margaret Mulrine, Principal M M Mulrine and Company, Letterkenny, Co Donegal and President of Donegal Bar Association
- Fiona Stanley, Investigating Accountant, Law Society of Ireland
- Anne Stephenson, Principal Stephenson Burns Solicitors, Dublin
- Patrick Sweetman, Partner, Matheson Solicitor
- Unless otherwise indicated our Zoom Webinars and Meetings are held live and are not recorded. If you miss the live Webinar/Meeting, you cannot play back the event. You also may not avail of your CPD Hours for that event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2021 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- If you have additional queries, contact the Law Society Finuas Skillnet team on Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
- View our Privacy Statement