Online Registration is now closed.
Please note: Registration for this event will close on Wednesday 19 May at 4pm. This event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Laois Solicitors’ Association, Kildare Bar Association, Midland Bar Association and Carlow Bar Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law including regulatory matters. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics and Issues to be covered include
- Probate 2021 including:
- Completion of the New Probate Office forms and fees
- Completion of the Revenue SA2 form
- Grants of Probate in the virtual era
- Banks and your Practice including:
- Negative Interest Rate Charges
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: a guide for practitioners
- Family Law: an update and watching brief for future developments including panel discussion
- The new world of litigation including:
- Litigation and remote hearings
- Personal injury changes
Chairperson and Speakers include
- Barry McCarthy, Principal MacCarthy Solicitors, Charleville, Co Cork and Chair Professional Indemnity Insurance Committee
- Helen Coughlan, Partner Patrick J Farrell & Co. Solicitors, Co Kildare, Chair Family and Child Law Committee Law Society of Ireland
- Padraic Courtney, Law Society of Ireland
- Richard Hammond S.C. Partner Hammond Good Solicitors, Mallow, Co Cork and member of Negative Interest Rate Charges Task Force
- Siún Hurley, Solicitor, O’Donovan, Murphy & Partners LLP, Bantry, Co Cork and member Family and Child Law Committee Law Society of Ireland
- His Honour Judge Keenan Johnson
- Colette Reid, Solicitor, Course Manager, Law Society of Ireland
- Keith Walsh, Principal Keith Walsh Solicitors, Dublin, member Family and Child Law Committee Law Society of Ireland
- Unless otherwise indicated our Zoom Webinars and Meetings are held live and are not recorded. If you miss the live Webinar/Meeting, you cannot play back the event. You also may not avail of your CPD Hours for that event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2021 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- If you have additional queries, contact the Law Society Finuas Skillnet team on Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
- View our Privacy Statement