This conference is now fully booked. If you wish to be added to the wait list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aim and Objectives
The In-house and Public Sector Committee and Law Society Finuas Skillnet are pleased to host the annual panel discussion in an online format. The focus will be on the practical side of remote working for in-house solicitors in the private and public sectors at a time of fundamental change. Topics will range from the employment law obligations that arise in this context, the future of the office, Data Protection to litigation and running cases remotely.
The discussion will be interactive using Zoom Breakout Rooms, which will provide an ideal opportunity to learn and explore further the issues raised by the panel with your in-house colleagues.
The discussion will be facilitated by a select panel of both public and private sector in-house solicitors, private practitioners and industry experts who will share personal observations and insights based on their career experiences.
The In-house and Public Sector Committee chair, Anna-Marie Curry will give a short introduction to the presentations.
• Employment law obligations in the current climate including:
o the right to switch off
o blended working arrangements
• Future of the office including – where the market is
• Health & Safety - practical legal implications of remote working
• Working from home - Data protection / GDPR
• Litigation – running cases remotely
Anna-Marie Curry, Chair of the In-house and Public Sector Committee, Company Secretary and General Counsel, Bord na Mona plc
As Company Secretary and General Counsel Anna-Marie is responsible to the Board of Bord na Móna for ensuring compliance with all Board procedures and is the key liaison with Bord na Móna’s shareholding Department. Anna-Marie also has overall responsibility for leading the development of the Legal functions within Bord na Móna and has administrative responsibility for the Internal Audit function within Bord na Móna. Anna-Marie joined Bord na Móna in 2007 as Head of Legal and was appointed to the role of Company Secretary and General Counsel in 2017. Prior to joining Bord na Móna Anna-Marie trained and practiced as a corporate solicitor with Arthur Cox in Dublin. Anna-Marie holds a B.A. and LL.B. from the National University of Ireland, Galway, a Masters of Law (LL.M.) from the University of Edinburgh, a Certificate in Company Secretarial Law and Practice from the Law Society of Ireland and a Diploma in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors.
Rachel Tobin, AGC EMEA & Global Privacy Counsel, Zendesk
Linda NiChualladh, Head of Privacy (legal) EMEA, Citi
Ebba Mowat, Divisional Director, Savills Ireland
Richard Grogan, Principal & Head of Employment & Dispute Resolution, Richard Grogan & Associates
Siobhan Hayes, Head of Litigation, State Claims Agency
- Your login information for this Zoom Webinar will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. You must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2021 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have technical or other queries, contact a member of the team on: Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie