Please note this course closes to bookings at 4:00pm today. Registration details have been sent to all those who have booked for this course if you have not received these details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 8815779. Please ensure you click the registration link and enter your details to receive log in details.
Please note: The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming. Details on how to access the course will be provided 3 working days before the event.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Monaghan, Cavan, Drogheda and Louth Solicitors’ Bar Associations
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law relevant to them in their daily work. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers
Topics and Issues to be coveredChairperson and Speakers include
• Litigation and delivery of pleadings in a pandemic
• Alternative Dispute Resolution as an effective and efficient means to activate justice for clients - arbitration and mediation
• The Family Law Act 2019 – practice and procedure implications under the new regime.
• Legal Tech: the paperless office - 5 good apps and security issues
• Legal Tech: using technology in the law firm to support office operations, case management and client care.
Maebh Gogarty, Arbitrator, Senior Solicitor Smyth & Son, Drogheda, Co Louth
Gerard Groake BL, Founder of Paperless Academy
Robert Lowney, Learning Technologist, Teaching Enhancement Unit, Dublin City University
Conor MacGuill, Principal, Conor MacGuill Solicitors, Dundalk, Co Louth
Brian McMullin, Mediator and Principal, Brian J McMullan Solicitors, Donegal and Dublin
Keith Walsh, Principal, Keith Walsh Solicitors, Dublin
- Your login information for this Zoom Webinar will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. You must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have technical or other queries, contact a member of the team on: Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie