Please note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions the number of delegates permitted to attend onsite is limited and all bookings for our training events must be made in advance. Therefore, we are not permitted to register walk-in delegates at our onsite events. To enable access for everyone this event will also be available live online. The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in collaboration with Kerry Bar Association.
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law such as conveyancing, civil litigation, advising the farmer and a practical probate update. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics and Issues to be covered
- Conveyancing update to include:
- Practice and Procedure
- Legislative changes
- Covid_19 implications
- Civil Litigation update to include:
- Recent developments in litigation and the courts.
- New rules and practice directions
- Advising the farmer - farm partnerships and farm leases
- Probate Office updates to include:
- Practice and procedure
- Covid _19 implications
- Employment Update – traps and tips in the Workplace Relation Commission
- Margaret Finlay, Principal, Finlay and Company Solicitors, Dublin
- John Glennon, Probate Officer, Courts Services
- Richard Grogan, Principal Richard Grogan & Associates Solicitors, Dublin
- Aisling Meehan, Principal Agricultural Solicitors, Co Clare
- Colette Reid, Solicitor, Corse Manager and Secretary to Litigation Committee, Law Society of Ireland
- It you have chosen the option to attend via streaming LIVE online your login information will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. In this case, you must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you have chosen to attend online and miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have any technical or other queries, contact the Finuas Skillnet team on firstname.lastname@example.org