Law Society Finuas Skillnet in partnership with Clare Bar Association, Limerick Bar Association and Mayo Solicitors’ Bar Association
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law which include family law, litigation and advice for farmer clients. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics to be covered include
- Advising farmer clients - farm transfers, partnerships, tax relief, grant relief schemes
- Law Tech: technology tools for lawyers: a guide to apps and technology to help the busy lawyer
- Property Registration Authority update - first registration and possessory registration plus hot topics to watch
- Civil Litigation update including: recent developments in litigation and the courts, new rules and practice directions, Covid-19 implications
- Family Law update: The Domestic Violence Act 2018, cohabitation and Family Law Act 2019
Chairperson and Speakers include
- Robert Lowney, Learning Technologist, Teaching Enhancement Unit, Dublin City University
- Aisling Meehan, Principal Agricultural Solicitors, Co Clare
- Roger Murray, Senior Counsel, Managing Partner, Callan Tansey Solicitors, Sligo
- John O’Shea, Property Registration Authority
- Keith Walsh, Principal, Keith Walsh Solicitors, Dublin
- Your login information for this Zoom Webinar will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. You must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you have chosen to attend online and miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have technical or other queries, contact a member of the team on: Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie