Please note: The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming. Details on how to access the course will be provided 3 working days before the event.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Carlow Bar Association, Kilkenny Bar Association, Wexford Bar Association and Waterford Law Society
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of law including regulatory matters and management and professional development skills. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers as well as an opportunity to network with colleagues.
Topics and Issues to be covered
- Probate 2020 Hot Topics including:
- practice and procedure guidance to best practice
- changes to probate forms and practice
- Covid-19 implications
- Conveyancing and PRAI
- Stamp duty update
- Young Farmers Relief, residential and non-residential
- PRAI and life tenants
- Recent updates
- S150 where are we now?
- Residential Tenancies Board Cases
- Including what is a lawful termination
- Timelines and precedent documents?
- Civil Litigation update: to include
- Recent developments in litigation and the courts.
- New rules and practice directions
- Covid-19 implications
Chairperson and Speakers include
- Margaret Finlay, Principal, Finlay and Company Solicitors, Dublin
- Susan Martin, Principal Martin Solicitors, Dublin
- Dervla Quinn, Principal Quinn & Co Solicitors, Wicklow, Panel Member Residential Tenancies Board
- Colette Reid, Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Anne Stephenson, Principal Stephenson Solicitors, Dublin
- It you have chosen the option to attend via streaming LIVE online your login information will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. In this case, you must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you have chosen to attend online and miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- For full programme details download the Brochure
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have any technical or other queries, contact the Finuas Skillnet team on firstname.lastname@example.org