Please note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions the number of delegates permitted to attend onsite is limited and all bookings for our training events must be made in advance. Therefore, we are not permitted to register walk-in delegates at our onsite events. To enable access for everyone this event will also be available live online. The event will not be recorded so there is no option to play back if you miss the live streaming.
This Law Society Finuas Skillnet Cluster event is presented in collaboration with Leitrim Bar Association, Longford Bar Association, Roscommon Bar Association and Sligo Bar Association.
Aim and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the day are to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of substantive law, management and professional development skills plus regulation: to include conveyancing, employment, a S150 update. The aim is to offer practitioners a practical update in relevant areas from experienced practitioners and expert speakers.
Topics to be covered include
- Conveyancing Update for 2020: to include
- new planning rules to consider when buying a new property
- practice and procedure
- legislative changes
- Covid_19 implications
- Property Registration Authority:
- registering rights of way
- Covid_19 Implications
- New Small Practice Business Supports from the Law Society
- Solicitors’ Accounts: Trips and Traps
- S150: where are we now? A practical guide
- Probate Office updates: to include
- practice and procedure
- how to avoid problems with the Probate Office
- Covid-19 implications
Chairperson and Speakers to include
- Margaret Finlay, Principal, Finlay and Company Solicitors, Dublin
- John Glennon, Probate Officer, Probate Office
- Teri Kelly, Director of Representation and Member Services, Law Society of Ireland
- Susan Martin, Principal Martin Solicitors, Dublin
- Clodagh O’Brien Crowe
- Fiona Stanley, Investigating Accountant, Law Society of Ireland
- Cathal Whitney, Property Registration Authority
- It you have chosen the option to attend via streaming LIVE online your login information will be emailed to you 3 working days before the event. In this case, you must login and attend online in order to avail of the CPD hours on offer.
- This event will not be recorded, so if you have chosen to attend online and miss the live streaming you cannot play back the event.
- Solicitors may now complete the entire 2020 CPD requirement of 20 hours online. For more information see www.lawsociety.ie/CPDscheme
- View our Privacy Statement
- If you have technical or other queries, contact a member of the team on: Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie
- For full programme details download the Brochure