In-House Update - August 2018
Access news, resources and training for in-house solicitors in the private and public sectors.
Recent news items relevant for in-house solicitors are listed below.
- In a recent article, LawCare details imposter syndrome, and offers practical advice to address this common issue affecting solicitors. Read strategies for Impostor Syndrome
- The Law Society has produced a useful infographic explaining the structure of its Council and Committees. This visual guide to the Society's governing body also includes information on the President, and the process for the Council election. View the Council and Committees infographic
- Mason Hayes & Curran recently launched their first report on gender parity among in-house counsel. Based on a survey of over 100 female in-house lawyers working in Ireland, it discusses the challenges faced by this segment of the profession in their roles. Read All's Fair? Female In-House Counsel and Gender Parity
Find useful resources for in-house solicitors here.
- The Jobseekers' CV Register for is available to update and search on the Law Society website. This service allows qualified solicitors seeking employment, FE-1 students seeking traineeships and Law School trainees seeking secondments to create a jobseeker profile with their CV and cover letter. Solicitors can search for CVs and contact details of solicitors and students seeking employment. See information on the CV Register
- State Departments and trade agencies currently provide a range of supports to businesses as they prepare for the departure of the UK – in whatever shape that has yet to take. See State Supports to address Brexit
The Diploma Centre and Law Society Professional Training provide training for in-house solicitors in the private and public sectors.
- The Law Society Finuas Skillnet Executive Leadership Programme commences on 12 October 2018. The programme is designed to tackle the intricacies of effective leadership, equipping participants to take control of their careers and exert leadership and influence in all kinds of professional settings. Book your place on the Leadership programme
- Spaces are still available for the Certificate in Data Protection Practice, commencing on 4 October 2018. This course offers a comprehensive understanding of the current data protection legislation and the principles of data protection, including the GDPR. See details of the Certificate in Data Protection Practice
In-house solicitors can connect and network with colleagues across organisations using a private LinkedIn group.
The In-House and Public Sector Committee
The In-House and Public Sector Committee aims to represent the views and promote the interests of this segment of the profession, while supporting the Law Society in the exercise of its representative, educational and regulatory roles as they relate to the in-house sector. Log in to find out about the In-House and Public Sector Committee.