High Court Long Vacation arrangements
A High Court Judge will be available every day throughout the Long Vacation to hear urgent applications.
Applications will not be listed before the vacation Judge without certification from the High Court Duty Registrar that the matter is urgent. Practitioners with an urgent matter should contact the Four Courts at 01-8886000 and make arrangements with the High Court Duty Registrar.
All sittings before the vacation Judge will take place Monday to Friday in the Four Courts (Court 1) at 11am unless otherwise advised by the Registrar.
The following categories of business shall be heard as follows:
- The Bail List will take place in Cloverhill Courthouse each Tuesday and Thursday at 10am throughout August and September.
- The Extradition List will take place in the Criminal Courts of Justice in Court 20 on 8 and 24 August, and 19 September at 11am, with another sitting on 6 September not before 12pm.
- The Wards of Court List will take place at 11am in Court 4 Four Courts Four Courts on 17 (remotely) and 31 August, and on 1 and 13 September. The Duty Judges are authorised to deal with urgent Wardship business on all other dates.
- The Special Care List will take place at 10am (remote) in Court 2 Four Courts on 24 August and 21 September.
- There will be a Commercial Court Motion List at 11am in Court 2 Four Courts on 6 and 20 September.
- The President’s Professional List will take place at 11am in Court 4 Four Courts on 7 September.
- The Hague Luxembourg Convention List will take place at 11am in Court 2 Four Courts on 8 September.