A leading mortgage service company is seeking to recruit an In-house Solicitor to join its team.
Working as part of the Litigation Legal Team, the Solicitor will be responsible for providing legal support to the various teams across the business (Litigation Team, Asset Management Team, Arrears Support Unit, and Customer Services).
- Provide legal support and advice to the various business departments around perfecting and/or enforcing security;
- Carry out title and security reviews. Review title documents to confirm good marketable title;
- Prepare and draft Deeds of Appointment or Deeds of Discharge in relation to Receiverships;
- Prepare and draft terms of settlement arrangement and deeds of surrender;
- Prepare and draft transfer deeds in respect of mortgagee sales and transfer of equity approvals;
- Instruct and manage relationships with panel engineers and legal firms;
- Carry out up to date folio checks;
- Manage all requests for mortgage deeds from both internal and external sources and maintain spreadsheet to track location of deeds/mortgage deeds;
- Assist the business with conveyancing, security and enforcement queries from panel firms and borrowers. Liaise with the ASU and panel solicitor re completion of mortgage to rent conveyances;
- Recommend appropriate actions to be taken on cases where there is a problem with title documents;
- Instruct engineers to carry out investigation in relation to folio issue;
- Complete e-discharges and or Deed of Release on redeemed mortgage accounts;
- Draft deeds of surrender or settlement agreements;
- Draft transfer deeds in respect of mortgagee sales;
- Draft Deeds of Appointment or Deeds of Discharge in relation to Receiverships;
- Draft NPPR Declarations;
- Draft partial release deeds;
- Draft transfer of equity deeds;
- Remove judgement mortgages or lis pendens.
- Instruct solicitors to commence insurance claim cases;
- Provide advice and guidance to the Litigation team in relation to mortgage arrears cases in the legal process;
- Instruct and manage panel firms in relation to solicitor or title insurance claim cases;
- Support the solicitor professional indemnity claims process by handling all claims and claim responses and queries to ensure a satisfactory outcome for the business.
- Assist in responding to any to Data Security Access Requests from a legal perspective;
- Liaise with the Insolvency Services of Ireland in relation to bankrupt borrowers, maintain and update a register of bankrupt borrowers and, provide guidance to internal departments on next actions;
- Carry out investigation in relation to alleged fraud, report to Garda National Economic Crime Bureau (GNECB) and, maintain a fraud register and meet with GNECB when necessary;
- Certify legal documents when required;
- Respond to general queries from all areas of the business in a timely manner;
- Attend meetings with the Litigation team or ASU team where borrowers wish to inspect mortgage deeds or other related title documents;
- Attend court and give evidence as required.
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified solicitor (currently enrolled with the Law Society of Ireland);
- Minimum 3 years relevant post qualification experience in the area of financial institution services sector (preferable).
- Conveyancing and litigation experience is essential;
- Previous experience dealing with Receiverships;
- Knowledge of bankruptcy;
- Knowledge of fraud;
- Knowledge of relevant mortgage legislation;
- Experience of dealing with professional indemnity cases;
- Excellent PC skills (use of financial institutions case management systems, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Drive, energy and an enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills, in particular the ability to negotiate effectively;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and follow through on tasks;
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org