DAC Beachcroft is a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. They have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. They also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
DAC Beachcroft are known for their market-leading presence in sectors such as insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing business advisory capability. They represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. They act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. They are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
DAC Beachroft have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, they were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for their commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication and responsiveness and overall relationships. Their vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin specialises in insurance, professional indemnity, defendant personal injury, health, commercial litigation and employment work. They offer a local service to all clients, whether based in the UK, Ireland or internationally. Their team of partners, lawyers and support staff work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters. Since the inception of their Dublin office they have established themselves as one of Ireland's fastest growing and most recognised firms within our areas of expertise. They have achieved this by providing a unique offering which can be tailored to the specific requirements of each of their clients. They provide this bespoke service incorporating sound, pragmatic and commercial advice in a cost effective way.
- Handling a caseload focused on defending and advising on medical negligence claims;
- Being a contact in developing and maintaining close relations with our insurer clients and their insureds;
- Playing a vital role in the development and promotion of DAC Beachcroft Dublin through business development, networking and profile raising activities, including contributing to marketing, training and knowledge sharing within the team and throughout the firm;
- Assisting the associates and partners in the day to day running of the office overseeing the associated administrative tasks as and when appropriate;
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland (1+ years qualified);
- An interest in and some exposure to the insurance litigation market is preferred;
- Medical negligence experience is desirable;
- Experience of using alternative forms of dispute resolution;
- Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through issues;
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be client- focused;
- Ability to operate a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives and a willingness to assist in the success of DAC Beachcroft Dublin;
- Team oriented and collegiate with an experience of and willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams where appropriate;
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels;
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues;
- Strong organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling claims.
- 24 days annual leave (increasing with service);
- Personal Retirement Savings Account;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Group Life Assurance Scheme;
- Income Protection Insurance;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Flexible Benefits;
- Bikes to Work;
- Dublin Tax Saver Commuter Scheme;
- Flu vaccination.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and they welcome applications from every sector of the community. They also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV to email@example.com. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.