The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) is the governing body of football, at all levels, throughout the Republic of Ireland. Founded in 1921, the FAI is an affiliate of both FIFA and UEFA with responsibility for overseeing the development, administration and promotion of football. Connected with every community around the country, the FAI aims to have a positive impact - on and off the pitch - to foster the game's continued growth & participation levels.
The FAI Headquarters and FAI National Training Centre are situated on the National Sports Campus in Dublin, which is the home to elite sport in Ireland. An equal opportunity employer, the FAI operates through five key values: Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Respect, Teamwork.
The position of Senior Solicitor and Compliance Officer will be responsible for managing the legal department reporting to the Chief Operating Officer with significant interaction with both internal and external stakeholders. This role is a key member of the FAI COO Team.
- Chief Compliance Officer responsible for ensuring compliance with legal obligations and governance;
- Provides key legal and compliance service to all departments within the FAI;
- Leads by example by maintaining professional standards and confidentiality;
- Manages legal department team encompassing Child Welfare and Safeguarding;
- Budget management experience;
- Stakeholder management - maintaining transparency, fairness and accountability;
- Drafting of constitutions, rules and regulations;
- Successfully managing and dealing with complaints;
- Dealing with all legal issues that arise within the Association.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Third level degree in law or equivalent;
- 5+ years post qualification experience as a practising solicitor, across a broad range of legal areas.
Key skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Irish legal/regulatory matters essential;
- Strong IT skills;
- Experience in the management of multiple cases with the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Experienced in managing numerous stakeholders;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Company Secretarial experience an advantage;
- Experienced in developing and influencing policies, manuals and procedures;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of rules and regulations associated with sporting bodies is desirable;
- Good understanding of the sporting industry in Ireland.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Football Association of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.