Bring Optum your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return they offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organisation. Come help them heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm) Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) family of companies, is looking for an experienced Privacy Professional/Legal Counsel to join their dynamic and growing legal team located in Dublin.
Things are exciting at Optum as they are experiencing unprecedented growth, and looking for someone to support their mission of being a trusted leader in privacy, while serving to help make the health care system better for everyone. The role will sit within the legal team in Dublin (reporting to the Head of Legal in Ireland), will provide overall privacy support and oversight within the Irish business and will be a key member of the wider Group privacy team.
- As part of the legal team in Ireland, serve as primary point of contact for all data privacy compliance support requests in Ireland;
- Provide data protection and privacy guidance to the business on key projects, including business strategies;
- Support the Head of Legal in privacy, data protection and general compliance related issues and developments;
- Work with global DP team in the implementation of the GDPR in Ireland;
- Overseeing ongoing DPIA process;
- Interact with senior stakeholders globally, including issuing status reports where required and updates to senior leadership;
- Assist with ad hoc legal/regulatory projects as required.
- Applied data protection/privacy experience in a major commercial law firm or international corporation;
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland or UK;
- CIPP/E preferred;
- Experience and expertise with national data privacy laws and cross border issues;
- Additional regulatory and compliance experience would be an advantage;
- Detail focused;
- Drive work individually/autonomously in a multi - disciplinary team environment and ability to adapt to changing needs within the business;
- Work collaboratively with counterparts globally to achieve a cohesive approach to data protection;
- Ability to understand complex regulations and laws in an international context;
- Excellent drafting and communication skills, including ability to tailor communications to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results working to tight deadlines;
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders internally and externally and to represent Optum Ireland professionally with such stakeholders;
- Effective communicator - verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess legal and business trends;
- Highly motivated to work in a growing legal team;
- Ability to embrace the values of the company.
- Experience with U.S. privacy regulations, including HIPAA Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. They built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how they use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, their first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter.
Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you wish to apply for this role please go to: https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/data/jobs/legal/738777-senior-privacy-legal-counsel-dublin-ireland