Beale and Company Solicitors are currently looking to recruit a talented Solicitor to work in their Professions (LFin) team based in their Dublin office.
Ideally candidates will be qualified with previous experience of working with similar cases and have a thorough understanding of insurance law and policy issues.
The successful candidate should be a reliable and safe pair of hands whom the partners will feel happy delegating cases, being able to work with minimal supervision. You will be acting via insurers with the majority of work involving the defence of claims against solicitors, accountants, barristers, financial advisers, construction clients, architects, engineers, surveyors and pensions professionals. You will be expected to be competent in:
- Defending professionals including some or all of Solicitors, Accountants, Surveyors, Insurance Brokers, IFAs, Directors and Officers;
- Preparing reports for Insurers with the ability to explain and advise succinctly on difficult and complex areas;
- Advising on case strategy;
- Liaising with senior professional clients in a variety of disciplines;
- Managing the Insurer/Insured relationship, being aware of potential conflicts;
- Preparing for court cases at all levels, including case management documentation interlocutory applications, expert instructions, witness statements and trial preparation;
- Monitoring critical dates and ensuring compliance with Insurer service level agreements;
- Understanding all systems and procedures with attention to detail and have the ability to explain and advise clients on those procedures;
- Being able to deliver presentations to clients.
- Have a thorough understanding of insurance law and policy issues;
- Be a team player with high levels of personal commitment and initiative;
- Flexible, ambitious, focused, results-oriented and keen to take responsibility and develop the business;
- A strong academic background;
- Good organisational skills and be able to manage own time effectively whilst maintaining a positive team spirit;
- Attention to detail vital but tempered by a commercial approach;
- Interested in the law, keeping up-to-date with legal developments by reading monthly law reports and journals;
- Enthusiastic in embracing business development and showing initiative in putting forward and carrying through ideas.
Exceptional candidates with strong academics who are experienced litigators with a willingness and ability to learn a new discipline will also be considered, even though they might not have so much experience of working for insurers. Equally candidates with a pure insurance/reinsurance background will be considered even if they have not previously specialised in professional indemnity work.
If this interests you, do not hesitate to send your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com before the closing date 29 August 2019, at 5.00pm.