Beale and Company are currently looking to recruit a Solicitor to join their Dublin office as a member of their Specialist Casualty team. Ideally candidates will have at least one fully completed year previous experience of working in the area of Insurance Defence Litigation.
Beale and Company is a specialist international law firm with a first-class reputation for advising on complex and technical matters in the fields of construction, engineering and infrastructure, insurance, the professions and technology. They are recognised as leaders in their fields in Chambers UK and Legal 500 and many of their Partners are recommended in these directories.
Beale and Company have a proud history of acting for clients around the world. Beale and Company international practice means they are structured to advise clients either directly from their well established offices in London, Bristol, Dublin and Dubai, or in collaboration with their international partners across Africa, Europe and other jurisdictions.
Beale and Company encourage all of their lawyers to be involved with all Business Development activities and support them in growing their own and the firm’s profile. There is also the possibility for client secondments where this is of interest. They are a firm believer in investing in their lawyers and consistently promote from within.
Beale and Company are well known for their friendly, inclusive and collaborative culture and pride themselves on the work/life balance and flexible working opportunities they are able to offer.
Beale and Company act for a number of Irish and UK-based insurers and reinsurers, as well as a number of self-insured clients, and a number of their partners are specialists in coverage interpretation and disputes.
In addition to their experience in advising the market on coverage in respect of professional liability risks they also regularly provide policy advice on D&O, financial institutions, property and casualty, cyber, employers and public liability.
The ideal candidate would have experience in areas including the following (although Beale and Company do not necessarily require experience in all of these areas):
- Managing a caseload of EL, PL and Motor claims on behalf of major insurers;
- Dealing with all aspects of a claim from considering coverage, assessing liability, undertaking additional investigations, advising on appropriate reserves and reporting directly to clients in relation to same;
- Proactively litigating cases, to include drafting pleadings where appropriate, conducting settlement negotiations and briefing/attending counsel for trial;
- Maintaining management information on behalf of clients;
- Collation and management of key documents and papers relating to claims;
- Assuming responsibility for quality control and client protocol compliance on own caseload;
- Ensuring the consistent and accurate management of file handling within the Beale and Company file handling protocols, including, billing, management of WIP etc.;
- Utilising a case management system;
- Handling confidential information in line with the firms security protocols.
In return Beale and Company can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Beale and Company is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to our HR Team at email@example.com