Colm Kelly solicitor, trading as Healy Crowley Ahern Solicitors, Killorglin/Caherciveen, County Kerry operates a progressive and dynamic probate and will drafting practice. The firm requires an experienced Probate Solicitor to assist with their ever-growing workload.
The solicitor must have a minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience in probate/will drafting and succession planning work. This is a part time role, with the successful candidate working 20 hours a week. Working hours are flexible and can be determined by agreement between the principal and the solicitor.
Healy Crowley Ahern has invested heavily in its IT, practice management, and compliance systems over the last decade, and accordingly, while this role can be performed from their Caherciveen office, it is also available as a remote working role. Following initial training, the successful candidate will be provided with a fully encrypted laptop and homeworking kit and will be able to fulfil this role successfully using agile working methods.
The role consists of the following:
- Supervision and oversight of existing work across the entire probate/estate planning/will drafting spectrum. This would include transfers to the next generation;
- Ensuring work is progressed with maximum accuracy and efficiency;
- Dealing with queries of support staff;
- Preparation of estate accounts and dealing with distribution of funds to beneficiaries;
- Identification of issues and drafting where necessary title and land registry forms;
- Liaising with tax consultants.
The role requires the following skills/attributes:
- Comfort with technology. The solicitor must be able to use a range of document management software packages in particular it is important that the solicitor would have experience of using Excel for the purposes of producing estate accounts;
- Ability to work to work autonomously and on own initiative;
- Willingness to engage with system reporting tools to ensure full use of practice management systems and support staff and to provide accurate feedback on file progression for the principal;
- Good team player, flexible in approach and commercially aware;
- Interest in probate and research on issues;
- Membership of STEP and/or the Institute of Taxation would be a distinct advantage.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a solicitor with an interest in probate. It is a great opportunity to use your skills at home, in a supported and technology-driven environment where you play a part in developing and growing an innovative business model. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com