This is a new role working in the Law Society’s Law School as the primary point of contact and information about the Law School. There are many new initiatives and changes to the educational model being introduced over the next two/three years and the candidate will have the primary responsibility for communicating these.
The Executive will be charged with promoting the educational offering of the Law Society and the process of qualifying as a solicitor. Responsibilities will include liaison with law firms, law schools, those interested in qualifying as solicitors and all those involved in legal education. The Executive will also be responsible for drawing up a communications strategy for the Law School, co-ordination of open days and other events and representing the education function of the Law Society at relevant external events such as university career fairs. This is initially a one year contract position reporting to the Director of Education.
Main duties and key responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties in line with the Society’s standards and strategic objectives and as directed by the Director of Education.
- Liaison with law firms, law schools and all those involved in legal education;
- Be the first point of contact with all such stakeholders;
- Drawing up a communications strategy for the Law School;
- Writing of promotional material about Law School programmes and courses;
- Provision of material about Law School activities to relevant PR and communications staff in the Law Society;
- Responsibility for career leaflets and other education publications;
- Co-ordination of open days and other events and representing the education function of the Law Society at relevant external events.
Knowledge and skills
- Marketing/communications qualifications and experience required;
- Considerable administrative ability;
- Knowledge of the legal profession and relevant educational experience;
- Self-starter and willingness to contribute ideas;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail;
- An ability to work on his/her own initiative and be proactive in achieving project outcomes;
- Excellent IT skills;
- A proactive approach with a can-do-attitude to work;
- Methodical, flexible and capable of undertaking multitask driven work
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary (DOE);
- Excellent working conditions;
- Training and development opportunities;
Send your CV and cover letter to Rowena Bottrill, HR Executive at Recruit@lawsociety.ie.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22 March 2019 at 5pm.
Thank you for your interest in the Law Society of Ireland and your interest in this role. Due to the level of response required, only successful candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the HR department. For more information on the Data Protection policies please send a request to email@example.com.