The National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) provides asset and liability management services to the Irish Government. It has evolved from a single function agency managing the National Debt to a manager of a complex portfolio of public assets and liabilities. Businesses managed by the NTMA include borrowing for the Exchequer and the management of the National Debt, the State Claims Agency, the New Economy and Recovery Authority, the National Pensions Reserve Fund, the National Development Finance Agency and the National Asset Management Agency.
The State Claims Agency is seeking to recruit a Locum Clinical Litigation Solicitor for a period of 12 months.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage a designated portfolio of clinical litigation and/or inquest files;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients;
- Provide advices on ancillary matters on request;
- Keep up-to-date on relevant areas of law and practice;
- Provide assistance and support to head of clinical litigation as appropriate;
- Such other duties as may be reasonably delegated from time to time.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in personal injuries litigation arising from clinical care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team;
- Willingness to share knowledge, experience and expertise;
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete litigation in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Interested candidates should forward an up to date CV including your reasons for applying for the role here
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 2 April 2019.