Howell and Company Solicitors, Clondalkin Village are seeking an experienced General Practice Solicitor with litigation experience to join their team on either a part time or full time basis for 6 months contract to cover maternity leave. The appropriate candidate will have at least five years’ experience of litigation.
The successful candidate will handle a broad and varied caseload with primary focus on litigation and family law. Other legal experience in areas such as conveyancing and probate useful but not essential.
Key skills include the following experience:
- Managing litigation caseload in the Circuit Court and High Court;
- Complete all relevant legal documentation relating to client’s cases from instructions to conclusion;
- Experience dealing with PIAB;
- Instruct barristers on the commencement, pleadings and progress of proceedings;
- Attending consultations with client(s) and counsel;
- Attending court and settlement talks;
- Drafting motion papers and other court documents;
- Progressing personal injury cases to completion;
- Family law experience in the Circuit Court to include experience in running consent divorces and in drafting proceedings.
The appropriate candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Ability to manage a large volume of cases;
- Strong IT capabilities;
- Competent in to use case management system;
- Strong work ethic;
- Experience of managing their own matters in advising on the above areas;
- Strong organisational skills in order to prioritise correctly and manage a busy workload;
- Strong drafting skills;
- Clear communication skills with staff and clients;
- Interest in micro managing staff.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Principal Solicitor. There may also be potential for the role to be increased to a more long term position depending on the candidate.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will commence immediately and therefore early applications are encouraged.
Closing date for all applications Friday 10 August 2018, late applications may also be considered.