Johnsons Solicitors are seeking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join their busy team.
Experience and skills
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience working as a legal secretary;
- Reception and general administration experience is desirable;
- The successful candidate must have good literacy skills, good communications skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work as a team member;
- Experience using digital dictation software is essential;
- Use of ALB case management system is desirable but not essential.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Complete digital dictation and any copying typing requirements;
- Maintaining the companies case management system;
- Compiling briefs for counsel when required;
- Filing and photocopying;
- Arranging consultants and medical appointments, when required;
- Preparing briefs for counsel and court bundles; and
- Taking telephone calls on behalf of the partner/solicitor and dealing with clients;
- Manning the main switchboard, when required, by answering all incoming calls, forwarding callers to the correct individuals and taking messages;
- Greeting clients to reception;
- Ordering stationery to include toners for the copiers;
- Daily bank and lodgement runs, when required;
- Checking the voicemail each day for new messages and forwarding them to the correct individuals, when required;
- Arranging bookings for the boardroom;
- Arranging deliveries and pick-ups from couriers, when required;
- Recording all outgoing mail, franking it and delivering to the post office and/or DX each afternoon, when required;
- Opening incoming mail, stamping it with the correct date and distributing accordingly.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 August 2021 at 5pm.