McCann FitzGerald is one of Ireland’s premier law firms and comprises of more than 600 people with over 400 lawyers and other professional staff. They provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to Irish and overseas clients. Their clients are principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors and they also advise government entities and many state bodies, pension funds, educational and charitable institutions and trusts.
The Project Services Group is seeking to hire full time, highly motivated Solicitors who can work well as part of this core team, or on their own, to deliver a high quality service to their clients. You will work on document review and analysis under the supervision of the designated Senior Associate and/or Head of Project Services. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in a rapidly growing area within a top tier Irish law firm.
You will be working on a wide range of projects from litigation (defamation, medical/ pharmaceutical litigation/ commercial disputes) to Corporate Transactions and Commercial Real Estate (IPO’s, loan sales, due diligence for commercial transactions etc.) where you will be trained in the use of the most advanced data analytics and data management software.
Responsibilities will include:
- Document review and analysis;
- Project support and preparation and execution of project plans, under supervision;
- Drafting reports and preparing briefs as required;
- Liaising with Project Services associate, technical support team and various internal departments to report project progress and issues;
- Attending frequent review meetings, taking and drafting minutes for same;
- Reading in, researching and gaining a good understanding of complex cases under strict time constraints.
Experience, knowledge and skills:
- A background in areas such as litigation, commerce, banking, finance, financial regulation, real estate or dealing with commercial contracts a bonus;
- Strong organisational and coordination skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- IT savvy with a passion for organisation/detail;
- Technical ability i.e. familiarity with document management software a plus;
- Candidates should be proactive, have the ability to take ownership and responsibility, have a “can do” approach, be able to react quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests. To work well under tight timelines with a project focused management outlook.
- Third level qualification or higher in a relevant area;
- Newly qualified solicitor.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org