Zeidler is seeking to recruit a recently qualified Lawyer, admitted to practice in Ireland or in another jurisdiction. Candidates with a legal background but not qualified as lawyers will also be considered.
Zeidler is a technology-driven European law firm and legal services provider, which specialises in investment fund law. They have a growing client base of asset managers and financial services providers in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
The firm was established in Frankfurt in 2008 and currently has offices in Frankfurt, Dublin, London and our own software development centre in Mumbai. An office in Luxembourg will open very soon. This role will be based in Dublin office but will be likely to involve some international travel.
The duties for this role will include:
- Review and negotiation of contracts;
- Compiling, completing and filing of applications for financial regulators in a variety of countries, and all associated communications;
- Review of marketing materials for investment funds;
- Drafting of legal documents including financial services contracts and investment fund prospectuses, private placement memoranda and offering memoranda, and legal publications;
- Researching investment funds law and market practice in European and non-European jurisdictions;
- Providing written legal advice to clients;
- Assisting with fund governance and company secretarial matters;
- Preparing presentations on new developments in investment funds law.
The successful candidate will:
- Be motivated and driven to succeed;
- Have initiative and the capability to go beyond his/her job description when needed;
- Be able to perform under pressure;
- Have an assertive personality and the strength to accomplish objectives in a disciplined way;
- Have an open mind and willingness to learn about foreign law and market practice;
- Possess a strong sense of duty and responsibility;
- Be hard-working, conscientious, loyal and meticulous;
- Be confident in dealing with other team members and clients;
- Bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to the job;
- Be proficient in using MS Office products.
The following skills and experience would be desirable but are not a requirement for this position:
- Knowledge of European languages other than English, particularly German, Italian, French or Spanish;
- Interest in technology and software;
- Experience or a demonstrable interest in financial services law or the financial services industry.
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding firm, to specialise in an area of law that is of ever-increasing importance and to join a friendly, progressive international team. To apply, please forward a CV and cover letter to Jobs@zeidlerlegalservices.com