Shields Sadleir LLP are a commercial legal and tax firm based in Cork city centre with a strong commercial client base. They have a vacancy for a Commercial Property Solicitor to join their Property Department on a permanent basis five-day week or more flexible hours available. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, tech-savvy, bright individual with a strong interest in working on large commercial transactions.
Salary and benefit:
- Excellent salary commensurate with experience;
- Access to a sophisticated efficient IT system;
- Access to online legal resources such as bloomsbury and lexis PSL;
- Cork city location and modern attractive offices;
- Opportunity to work partly remotely also;
- Minimum 20 days annual leave pro-rata;
- Flexible working arrangements (4 or 5 day week);
- Nearby city centre first class accommodation immediately available as part of the package.
Role and responsibilities may include:
- Investigation of title for commercial lending transactions;
- Acting for commercial clients on commercial property transactions including business parks;
- Acting for commercial clients in drafting and negotiating commercial leases involving multi-tenanted buildings;
- Acting for a number of large renewable energy developers in the area of solar and hydro energy leases and wayleaves.
- High academic achiever;
- Ideally from a large, medium or boutique corporate law firm in Ireland or the UK;
- Minimum 5 years' post qualification experience (less experience considered for an exceptional candidate);
- Strong legal drafting, legal analytical and legal research skills;
- Interest in and knowledge in respect of handling commercial leases and wayleaves;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Willingness to adopt firm house style and improve firm templates;
- Strong interest in continuously upskilling to the latest technology;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines and friendly and efficient communication with clients;
- Commercially aware.
If your skill set matches this vacancy please email a CV and short cover letter in strictest of confidence to Aoife Shields at email@example.com. Early application advisable.