The Law Society of Ireland is inviting applications for the position of Exams IT Support Executive in the Education Centre on a permanent contract. This is a multifaceted and fast paced role that would suit an enthusiastic candidate who has an interest in database systems, digitisation, and project management in an Education setting.
Main duties and key responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties in line with the Society’s standards and strategic objectives as directed by the Examinations Manager:
- Work in liaison with the Exams Administration team to deal in a highly professional manner, with a large volume of enquiries from members of the profession and public regarding the exams, with a view to improving the student experience wherever possible;
- Provide recommendations and input on how to improve existing course examinations processes;
- Coordinate various activities and projects within the Course Examinations Section as they arise;
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Examinations Manager;
- Advise on, and help facilitate, in liaison with the Examinations Manager, the digitisation of course examinations and external examinations and day-to-day section activities and carry out continuous assessments of existing digital assets to create efficiencies and improve quality;
- Act as a liaison between management, executives, and support staff in the Education Department;
- In liaison with the Examinations Manager, work towards defining the potential for increased integration with the Society’s ongoing System 360 change management programme.
Knowledge and skills
- Relevant third level qualification;
- 3+ years’ experience in third level education;
- Very personable with some experience in managing complaints/disgruntled customers and using appropriate judgement in such instances, to determine the most appropriate path forward;
- Project management experience desired;
- Previous experience in managing multiple unrelated tasks and projects independently;
- Proven track record in an examinations role;
- Knowledge of the third level / professional education system desired;
- Capability to work in a pressurised and busy environment;
- Ability to be methodical, flexible and capable of undertaking multitask driven work;
- Capacity to work on their own initiative and also to work successfully within a team;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrable expertise in database systems;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently;
- Organised and deadline focused systemised but critical in approach;
- Proven experience implementing new technologies;
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary (DOE)
- Excellent working conditions
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ box in blue.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 7 October 2022.
Appointment to this role is subject to the candidate’s eligibility to work in Ireland, without any restrictions.
Thank you for your interest in the Law Society of Ireland and your interest in this role. Due to the level of response required, only successful candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the HR department. For more information on Data Protection policies please send a request to email@example.com.