Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. Fieldfisher network has more than 1,700 people working across 25 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of their clients' needs.
About Fieldfisher Privacy Offering
Fieldfisher's Privacy, Security and Information team is one of the largest and most specialised European privacy and data protection teams, with a truly global outlook. They are a specialist, market-leading team with international coverage, including offices in Europe, China and the USA (Silicon Valley), and a unique expertise gained over years of advising on business-critical global privacy and data protection projects and technology work.
The team provides a range of services to assist clients in meeting their obligations under data protection legislation particularly regarding compliance with GDPR and ePrivacy. Fieldfisher advice spans over four main areas:
- Operational Compliance (data transfers, DPO support, data subject rights, ePrivacy);
- Commercial and Product (DPIAs, Apps, AdTech);
- Cyber and Crisis Management (Data breaches);
- Regulatory Inquiries and litigation.
Due to Fieldfisher continued growth, they have an immediate vacancy for a Solicitor to join their Privacy Team in Dublin. The successful candidate will have a diverse range of work including:
- Data breach management and advice;
- Regulatory investigations/engagement;
- Working with the Corporate Team on privacy related aspects of mergers and acquisitions - see example of this work here;
- Direct marketing and ePrivacy compliance;
- Conducting DPIAs;
- Reviewing a host of commercial agreements - SaaS, HaaS etc.;
- Acting as a data protection officer for clients;
- International data transfers.
Whilst there is a preference for full time candidates, part time candidates and flexible working will also be considered and Fieldfisher will consider talented non Irish qualified lawyers with relevant experience.
What makes the role unique?
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of the Irish Privacy Team but will also work regularly with the wider Global Privacy, Security and Information Law Group on cross-jurisdictional projects gaining invaluable experience on global data projects.
To apply for the role please submit your CV to HR.Ireland@fieldfisher.com or if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role confidentially please contact Karen Dempsey, Human Resource Director on 01 8280600.
Competitive salary and compensation package offered including:
- Medical benefits through the provider webdoctor;
- 3 days paid leave to cover Christmas closure each year;
- 5 days paid paternity leave;
- 5 days paid wedding leave;
- Paid maternity leave contributions;
- Travel Tax Incentive Scheme;
- Bike to Work Initiative;
- Group Life Assurance Scheme;
- Income Protection Insurance;
- Flu vaccination;
- Wellness Programme;
- Sports and Social Club;
- Early finish on public holiday weekends.
Fieldfisher is an equal opportunity employer.