Ronan Daly Jermyn (RDJ) has an opportunity for a Solicitor to join their construction team. The position will be based in their Dublin or Cork office (with a requirement to work on occasion in both offices). Solicitors with at least 2+ years of construction law/project experience in a leading Irish or international law firm are encouraged to apply.
The main requirement is for non-contentious experience but some knowledge of and experience of contentious work would be helpful although not essential. Acting for a broad mix of Irish, international, private and public sector clients, our construction team advises on all areas of construction law. Their clients include property developers, contractors, consultants, third level institutions, local authorities and investment portfolios.
The role includes the following:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all forms of standard and bespoke construction and engineering contracts, (both Irish and international), professional appointments, collateral warranties, bonds, novation agreements, sub-contracts and related documents for all sectors;
- Development and projects transaction work including development finance;
- Public procurement law advice.
Candidates applying for this position should:
- Have strong academic credentials;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be a qualified solicitor (in Ireland or England and Wales), ideally with 2+ years' relevant post qualification experience in a projects or construction team;
- Contentious and non-contentious construction and/or procurement law matters;
- Have a personal interest in and enthusiasm for the construction industry;
- Have the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues, and work well in a team environment;
- Be proactive, with strong commercial awareness;
- Have a track record of excellence in client service;
- A proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deadlines are consistently met;
- And a strong work ethic and flexible approach to work.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org