Beale & Co. are currently recruiting for a Claims Handler to join their team based at their Dublin office. They can offer this role on either a full time or part time basis.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage a caseload of employers’ liability and public liability claims in a delegated authority claims handling scheme offered to insurer clients.
- Be actively involved in dealing with claims from initial notification through to settlement; successful rebuttal; or until the matter falls outside of the parameters of the claims handling scheme;
- Reviewing new claims and assessing liability and quantum, as well as a preliminary assessment of coverage, in order that the most suitable strategy can be set;
- Keeping the strategy under review during the life of the claim and tailoring it to reflect developments as they arise;
- Dealing directly with clients assisting them in responding to claims by drafting letters for them to send, approving correspondence;
- Collating monthly management information from the scheme’s case management system and assisting with billing the files received in the scheme;
- You may also be required to provide legal support to the qualified fee earners by, for example, conducting research tasks or by compiling trial bundles;
- Auditing closed files as and when required;
- You will also be involved in business development and marketing with the qualified fee earners;
- Assist on other claims e.g. professional indemnity claims.
Experience and technical skills:
- Relevant professional and/or third level qualification;
- 2+ years’ experience within claims in the general insurance industry;
- Deep knowledge of public liability and employers liability claim technical requirements, regulatory and operational requirements related to financial services/insurance companies;
- Exemplary negotiation and claims settlement skill set;
- Analytical and decisive, with the ability to prioritise workloads;
- Be honest, ethical, sincere and principled;
- An excellent administrator with a pedantic eye for detail in managing your claim files;
- Be flexible, self-motivated with strong organisational skills;
- Results driven and goal focussed.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com