Beauchamps, is one of Ireland’s leading full-service commercial law firms is looking for an experienced, proactive Bid Manager to support the firm's continued growth and business development activities. The Bid Manager will be a key member of the marketing and business development team which includes a Marketing Communications Assistant, a Marketing Communications Manager and a Head of Marketing and Business Development.
- You are professional and personable, with a mature, positive attitude;
- You may have experience of working in a similar role in a professional services firm or have a background as a barrister, professional support lawyer, accountant or sales professional;
- This role would suit an astute and enthusiastic professional, who is keen to have a real impact in a busy corporate environment;
- Commercially aware, you will naturally be sensitive to the concerns and needs of internal and external clients.
Responsibilities of the role:
Tender Management and Execution:
- Manage ‘watch list’ of upcoming RFPs/tender requests for public and private sector tenders;
- Engage with partners to identify business opportunities;
- Identify and track opportunities to tender for work with existing and target clients;
- Manage Tender Library and content to ensure it is kept up-to-date;
- Central control of document production and drafting;
- Maintain and develop practice panel and client lists;
- Reporting: tracking and reporting on results, trends and statistics
- Feedback: source feedback and implement actions to improve quality and success of proposal submissions
- Lead Bid/No Bid decisions on all tender opportunities;
- Advise on strategy and key messages;
- Pricing: work with finance team and partners to agree pricing strategies.
Tender Execution, Project Management and Writing:
- Project manage the entire bid process, sourcing content and writing new content as required;
- Liaise with lawyers and business support staff to source a range of inputs including pricing and billing data;
- Preparation of pitch and presentation materials;
- Rehearsing and coaching presentation teams;
- Conducting debriefs internally and with clients; communicating feedback internally;
- Researching companies and sectors;
- Reporting to the firm and senior partners on business development activity;
- Legal Directory Submissions: liaising with fee earners to agree messaging and supporting matters for inclusion in practice and sector submissions to Legal 500 and Chambers;
- Sector and Practice area BD plans - working with fee earners Development to draft and execute Business Develop and Marketing plans for practice/sector areas and firm initiatives;
- Training: delivering training relating to tendering for fee earners.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Educated to primary degree level;
- A minimum of 6 years' relevant post-graduation work experience;
- Fluent English language skills are critical - both oral and written;
- You may have a directly relevant experience of working in a bid role in a corporate environment or have a background as a barrister, professional support lawyer, a lawyer, sales professional or an accountant;
- Possess advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- You have an outgoing personality - must have the desire and confidence to build positive working relationships, at all levels of the firm from day one;
- You are self-motivated with an excellent work ethic. You enjoy working as part of team but can work independently to meet objectives;
- You can see the ‘big picture’. You are able to deliver tactically but think strategically;
- You always demonstrate excellent attention to detail, are very organised and comfortable managing multiple projects and deadlines.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary and benefits, commensurate with length of service in directly relevant roles.
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (occasional late working may be required to support tender deadlines) Please note that unfortunately this role is not suitable for candidates seeking flexible or part time working hours.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com