Flynn O'Driscoll Business Lawyers has an excellent opportunity for a Banking/Finance Solicitor seeking to move into an aviation and asset finance solicitor role and is presently inviting applications from suitably qualified solicitors with 1+ years’ banking/finance experience, ideally gained in the banking practice of a large law firm. The role will be within the firm’s 10 lawyer growing Aviation and Asset Finance team on a full time basis in its Dublin office. The firm works extensively with an overseas network of aviation businesses and aviation law firms.
The successful candidate will be a solutions driven problem solver with a strong work ethic and legal technical skills who will be given support to acquire the skills of an aviation lawyer including secondment opportunities within Irish based aviation clients operating in various capacities across the industry including leasing companies, airlines & MRO’s. The firm has an excellent reputation as an employer with a strong sense of team work and fair play. Remuneration is competitive and tied to experience.
The role will include work in the following areas:
- Drafting, negotiating and execution of transactional agreements to include; letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, lease novations and assignments, credit facilities and loan agreements, aircraft maintenance and engine lease contracts;
- Input in initial transaction structuring phase including taxation aspects with retained tax advisers;
- Advice in relation to contractual disputes covering airline bankruptcies, collection matters and repossessions;
- Providing general regulatory advice to include compliance and corporate governance matters including advice on various legal issues incidental to clients’ international aircraft finance business, including aviation, contractual, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance matters;
- Liaising with airlines, financiers, aircraft lessors, manufacturers, servicers, maintenance providers and other industry participants.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of 1 years' post qualification experience in the banking, finance, asset finance and/or aviation area within a large law firm;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and global business and industry, maintaining close working relationships with stakeholders, clients and business partners;
- An excellent academic profile;
- Impeccable drafting skills;
- Strong technical skills;
- The ability to demonstrate clear communication skills with colleagues and clients.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com