DAC Beachcroft Dublin's Healthcare Team is expanding and they are looking to recruit additional team members to join their Healthcare Team in Dublin. DAC Beachcroft Dublin is a full service law firm with over 90 colleagues. DAC Beachcroft team of partners, lawyers and support staff work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters.
Since the inception of DAC Beachcroft Dublin office they have established ourselves as one of Ireland's fastest growing and most recognised firms. They have achieved this by providing a unique offering which can be tailored to the specific requirements of each of their clients. DAC Beachcroft provide this bespoke service incorporating sound, pragmatic and commercial advice in a cost effective way.
DAC Beachcroft Healthcare Team has been an integral part of this growth and their firm's success and it is once again expanding. The Team acts for a wide variety of healthcare providers and practitioners to include GP's, consultants, private hospitals, private medical clinics, dentists, diagnostic clinics, aesthetic clinics, laboratories and their insurers.
DAC Beachcroft provide advice on the defence of clinical negligence claims, regulatory advice on the changing legislative landscape and proactive sector specific advices which will ultimately minimise the possibility of claims arising or put their clients in the best position to defend themselves if they do.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Handling a caseload mainly focused on defending and advising on medical negligence claims and advisory services to Healthcare entities and practitioners;
- Becoming a trusted advisor for our clients and strengthening our connections with them through providing them with ongoing support and advice;
- Playing a vital role in the development and promotion of the Team and the firm through business development, networking and profile raising activities, including contributing to marketing, training and knowledge sharing within the team and throughout the firm;
- Assisting the associates and partners in the day to day running of the office overseeing the associated administrative tasks as and when appropriate;
- Working closely with our colleagues in our other offices (particularly in UK and Madrid) to develop cross border opportunities to assist and support our global client base in the Healthcare Sector and also to learn from and advise others on developments in other jurisdictions;
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
The ideal candidate
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland ideally with significant post qualification experience;
- Experience in the insurance litigation market is necessary;
- Medical negligence experience is essential;
- Experience at inquests an advantage;
- Experience of using alternative forms of dispute resolution;
- Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through issues;
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be client-focused;
- Ability to operate a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority;
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives and a willingness to assist in the success of DAC Beachcroft Dublin;
- Team oriented and collegiate with an experience of and willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams where appropriate;
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues;
- Strong organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling claims.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com